Is your car battery constantly at low voltage? Do you keep wondering where to buy a car battery of good quality as yours keeps degrading frequently?
It’s time that you understand that even if you have the best quality battery and even if it’s a maintenance free battery, there are a few things you need to do to keep it up and going for a longer time.
Here are a few easy tips for a longer lasting battery:
- Inspect the water level of the battery every 2 to 3 months
- Refill the battery with distilled water using a funnel if the level is low.
- Wait for the water to reach the bottom of the refill hole.
- The water should just touch the bottom of the refill hole. Do not overfill.
- Brush the battery terminals every 4 to 6 months
- Use a solution of water and baking soda to scrub the corrosion.
- Use a wired brush for scrubbing.
- Always remove the connectors from the battery terminal before brushing and connect them back once you’re done.
- Grease your battery after cleaning the terminals with a brush
- Once the brushing is done, apply grease to the battery and battery terminals to avoid rust and corrosion.
- Always use a grease that’s tolerant to high temperature.
- Get the cell voltage tested every time you get the oil changed or give your car for maintenance.
- A fully charged battery has a charge of 12.5 to 12.6 volts.
- If the charge is low, get it charged immediately.
- You can also buy a battery charger yourself but avoid over-charging it.
- If your car has a battery insulator make sure it’s working efficiently.
- Always unplug accessories and turn off lights when your car is not in use.
- Heat damages batteries the most, so always try to keep the car battery in a cooler place whenever possible.
- Take your car and battery for regular maintenance and servicing.
By following these tips you can avoid frequent battery replacement, increase the life and efficiency of your car battery and avoid unwanted damage and accidents.
If you’re not sure where to buy a car battery that’s good quality quality at reasonable price, The Battery Place in Nambour, Queensland is your one stop solution. They have all kinds of batteries for cars, marine, heavy vehicles, agricultural vehicles and maintenance free battery. They also deal in different types of battery accessories and battery services. Visit today or call for a pickup and drop service.